Ideal Lives: Are you living yours?

Recently, I've written a lot of reflective posts on depression, 
and how 2020 has been a year of endings and change.

If, like me, you're somebody who feels as though you are constantly
 swimming against the tide, and can't figure why things aren't quite 
working out like you hoped, I would absolutely recommend journaling.



I sat down one morning this week with my notebook, 
with a list of questions in front of me, and I just wrote.

I didn't even have to think, or pause, or reflect. I just knew.

What was I writing? What did I re-discover about myself?


(Happy House Cafe, Ha Tinh, Vietnam- 
the ideal place for reflection, 
and where I spent my first few months of this year.)

Now, I've been off work, or not working, since the end of January.
 I've followed the global pandemic quite literally, almost across the globe, 
from Vietnam to the UK. I'm sure for a lot of people, lock-down has 
been a chance to think about what it is I actually want to get out of life.

Since I've started this blog, I've gotten a lot of joy of out it. 
I wrote a lot as a child; English next to drama was naturally
 my favourite subject at school. 

However, while I was journaling, I noted that my 
dream career is theatrical directing. 



But don't get me wrong. I've loved my experiences in the education sector. 
From supporting students as a Learning Support Assistant, to teaching 
English in Thailand, Vietnam and Slovenia- I've had some very 
humbling experiences,
 which have shaped who I am today. 

I've even met some of my closest friends during my travels.

So what is an ideal life? 



Why are there such phrases as 'idealistic' and 'realistic' - 
can't we make idealistic, realistic?

As I was journaling, I realised I've not been living my 'ideal' life because- 

-I'm always worried about what other people think and feel
-negative thought patterns 
-I'm worried about making the wrong career choice.

So, my 'ideal' life goes way back to my creative routes - 
and somehow, I think I want to make this 'realistic'. 

But how do we achieve our 'ideal' goals?



Slowly, day by day, taking baby-steps. 
For example, I've gotten back into yoga. 
I stick on a you-tube video on my laptop, and 
I try and do ten minutes a day - 
even just ten minutes makes a lot of difference.

To realise I want to get back to my creative skills while 
British theatres have suffered big time over the last four months, sucks. 

It really sucks. 

However.

Having lost so much over the last year, it's made me 
suddenly realise that, surely, I need to be doing what I really love doing,
 because we only get one life- and we need to live it. 



As I finish this post, my question for you is- are you living your 'ideal' life? 

If not- go out and get it, because you deserve it. 

Xx

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Life, Back to Normality

Happiness: Do we find it, or choose it?

Feeling lost in this world? You could be an Old Soul